Saturday, November 12, 2016

Update!!!

September October November update


Wow! Time has zipped by. My apologies for dropping the ball. I guess buying a new house will do that to you, and loosing a loved one (My Grandpa on my Dad's side....my first true love besides my dad) sigh, and starting a new business. I jumped on the Direct Sales band wagon and now sell Jamberry which you can check out here! ---> mollzmani.jamberry.com <---

That's all I have to say about that....well that's not true. I love the product and love sharing what I love so now I sell it. If you have no idea what I'm talking about I'll happily explain it all to you! Just send me an email :)


Back to the whole reason I'm posting OUR HOUSE!!!! Picture an adorable brick house with a huge picture window and a single car garage two doors down from the middle school and a block and 1/2 from an elementary school.  Other than after school traffic and school busses loving our street I love our new home. We bought our house from the original owner that had lived in the house for almost 50 years. Some things look original to the house! When we looked at the house for the first time it was literally like walking back in time. However, nothing was worn out. Except the plumbing but it's functional just not ideal. And that is a whole different topic. Since then we have done some updating. Marcelyn's room was the first major project that I headed up and did most of, Chris has done basically all the rest. Marcelyn now has a light blue room. It turned out a bit darker than I pictured it but it's a HUGE improvement to the mustard (or as I call it Winnie the Pooh) yellow. Who knew yellow would be so hard to cover up!!!??? Uuuhhhggg but I learned that the previous owner loved color. The room had been baby blue, olive green, and mustard yellow. Since then Chris has been winterizing our great outdoors and taming our forest. Most people have a wooden privacy fence. Well we do too it's just still alive and it's just extremely green. Some might call it evergreen. Our entire backyard is fenced with cedar trees. It's so tranquil and lovely back there....just don't be barefoot it's painful. I have mixed feelings about the trees but I do love them more since one of our youth group kids said we need to build a wardrobe in the alley, because our backyard is like Narnia and that would be the entrance. Gotta love creativity! 

This weekend we tackle part one of the kitchen remodel. Preparing for the new range oven. We knew when we bought the house that a kitchen remodel was inevitable since there wasn't a dishwasher and everything in the room predates our parents' childhood and just to fit our refrigerator we had to take out a cabinet. We knew something would need to be fixed sooner or later (we were thinking and hoping later) but about a month ago the wall oven died. And since it was old enough to be true vintage and antique, parts weren't readily available.... wall ovens aren't cheap nor are they the same size as they were in 1958 so we decided to go with a normal range cooktop. Well there's a cooktop ontop of a super handy cabinet, which will be dismantled today....well finished the cabinet has basically been take apart already. 



Thanks to my awesome handy man hubby. He truly is amazing. Step one is to get a functioning oven!! With a small cabinet next to it. I'm super excited. I think we may also paint the cabinets if we pick out a color.....but that will be a long weekend project. Like uhh maybe uhh Thanksgiving (to anyone reading this that would want to come help paint) weekend. We haven't decided on colors yet so it might be Christmas. I will be posting updates on Instagram and Facebook. I'm so excited. This is the first time I've ever gotten a brand new oven cooktop. My last one was an awesome score off of a local classified site. It was totally God because I needed something specific. This go around it was in the budget to go big. It's nothing bigger than normal it's just awesome and we got a pretty good deal on it. 



Oh and the coolest part about our new house is with the money/equity from our old house we had a nice down payment plus leftovers for renovations so all of our remodeling and updating is payed for with CASH!!! 


Well it's late and I'm on toddler duty all day (nothing out of the ordinary) plus keeping hubby safe and capturing what I can on camera. 

I'll sign out with a sweet picture of the Marcemallow. 


She has figured out she's now tall enough to climb up on our dinning room chairs. In this picture she's doing her favorite activity watching for bunnies. Buhh as she says or raaaw. Her vocabulary is impressive. My favorite is when she calls me mommy it sounds like wowwy but I have a name now instead of her wining at me. She's growing up!!! 

No comments: