Thursday, October 27, 2011

Baking experiments and budget savers

Hello,
So I'm sure we all have noticed the ever climbing prices of the world system which means we all are looking to save everywhere we can. Thanks to some friends and some great recipes I've found digging through books and old card sets I have found easy to make very affordable meals. The one in this pic below are of my first experiencement today. They are of my version of what someone told me about, called Homemade Hot Pockets. I used some mystery meats I got from a food program at our church, cheddar cheese and 2 crescent rolls pressed together. They weren't too terribly time consuming. I like how cheap they were! I got the cheese on sale, the c rolls on sale AND the meat was FREE! So rather than paying about $5 or more for 2 I paid about $8 for 4 packs of c rolls, and a 16oz block of cheese. Yep good deal I know....not great, but pretty good.
More to come


No comments: